How to Compress WEBP
WEBP is an image format developed by Google that offers superior lossless and lossy compression. It allows websites to display high-quality images with much smaller file sizes compared to traditional formats like PNG and JPEG. But if you want to make your WEBP images even smaller without losing quality, you can easily do it with 4K Image Compressor. Just follow the steps below.
1. Launch 4K Image Compressor. It’s available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
2. Select the output format and value in the settings bar.
3. If you selected the Percent value, enter the number of percents you want to compress the file by. If you selected the Size value, enter the number and unit (B, KB, MB). If you selected the Lossless optimization type, skip to the next step.
4. Click the Compress button located in the middle of the application window.
5. In the opened window, select the image for compression and click Open.
Your WEBP will be immediately uploaded and compressed.
Hover the cursor over the compressed image preview and click the folder icon to find the file on your computer.