How to Compress HEIC Image
HEIC is a file format for storing and compressing images, which is designed to be a more efficient and advanced alternative to the widely used JPEG format for image compression. HEIC provides top-notch compression while maintaining high image quality, meaning that HEIC files can be smaller in size without sacrificing image clarity. HEIC can use lossless compression, which retains all the image data without any quality loss, making it a good choice for archiving and preserving high-quality images. If you want to make your HEIC images even smaller, you can easily do it with 4K Image Compressor. Follow the steps below.
1. Launch 4K Image Compressor. It’s available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
2. Select the output format and value in the settings bar.
3. If you selected the Percent value, enter the number of percents you want to compress the file by. If you selected the Size value, enter the number and unit (B, KB, MB).
4. Click the Compress button located in the middle of the application window.
5. In the opened window, select the image for compression and click Open.
Your HEIC will be immediately uploaded and compressed.
Hover the cursor over the compressed image preview and click the folder icon to find the file on your computer.