How to Compress a PNG Image
PNG is a file format commonly used for lossless image compression. It supports transparency, interlacing, and gamma correction, making it suitable for many types of images, from photographs to text and graphics. However, PNG also has some disadvantages, including larger file sizes compared to JPEG and GIF. But with 4K Image Compressor, you can reduce the size of your PNG files without losing quality. Just follow the simple steps below.
1. Launch 4K Image Compressor. It’s available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
2. Select the output format and value in the settings bar.
3. If you selected the Percent value, enter the number of percents you want to compress the file by. If you selected the Size value, enter the number and unit (B, KB, MB). If you selected the Lossless optimization type, skip to the next step.
4. Click the Compress button located in the middle of the application window.
5. In the opened window, select the image for compression and click Open.
Your PNG will be immediately uploaded and compressed.
Hover the cursor over the compressed image preview and click the folder icon to find the file on your computer.