How to Transfer 4K Stogram Database to Another Computer
If you want to move your downloaded files with existing 4K Stogram subscriptions from your old computer to a new one, follow the recommendations from this guide.
Some users press File → Export Subscriptions in the 4K Stogram application and then import the subscriptions list on their new device.
This is a working directory. However, the subscriptions will start downloading again, which will take much time to recover all the previous posts, Stories, and Highlights.
Here is how you can transfer your database faster without losing previously downloaded files:
1. Open the 4K Stogram output folder on your old computer, following the path Tools -> Preferences -> General -> Output Folder -> Browse.
2. Copy all the files, including the stogram.app.sqlite, stogram.sqlite and stogram.sqlite.backup database files.
It is essential not to forget .sqlite files because otherwise, you will face a database creation error, which will be difficult to solve.
3. After you copy all the files, transfer them to a new computer. Use a flash drive or web transfer services like Google Drive or WeTransfer.
4. Download and install 4K Stogram to your new device.
5. Open the application and check your output folder path.
6. Open the folder and delete all the files, including the database sqlite files.
7. Paste previously copied files into the output folder on your new device. Make sure you close the application beforehand.
Once you paste the files, launch the application to see if all the subscriptions are in 4K Stogram.
Note that it’s impossible to merge two databases into one.